⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– 4 cups whole wheat flour
– 2 cups warm water
– 1 Tbsp instant yeast
– 1/2 Tbsp of sea salt
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 Tbsp of agave
– 1 Tbsp grounded flaxseeds
– 1 Tbsp of sunflower seeds
– 1 Tbsp of pumpkin seeds
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
You can use your mixer by using the dough attachment or you can mix by hand
1. In a large bowl combine: whole wheat flour, instant yeast, salt, olive oil, agave, grounded flaxseeds, sunflower & pumpkin seeds.
2. Add a bit of the water at a time to get the right consistency. You can always add extra flour if you feel that the dough is too wet. It should not stick to the sides of the bowl. Shape into a ball.
3. Grease your Dutch oven pot with olive oil with a brush, making sure you put enough oil on the sides as well so it does not stick. and transfer the dough ball into it.
4. Cover and let rise for 60 minutes.
5. In the meantime, preheat the oven at 390°
6. When the oven is preheated, slash the bread with a knife, making a cut about 1 ½-inch deep or 3 diagonals are also pretty, as you wish !
7. Bake in the oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes, or until deep golden brown and risen. You can use a toothpick or cake tester to double check if it is properly cooked in the inside.
8. Remove bread from the oven and let it rest in the Dutch oven pot for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from the pot and let it cool down before slicing.
Enjoy this healthy delicious bread, dip it in olive oil or as a sandwich ! 🙂
Cristina for Peas and Peace