- Makes 6 cookies
Scoop with an ice cream scooper 6 equal portions, roll into a ball and drop onto the baking sheet. Press down the top of the balls with your hand or the flat bottom of a glass to flatten and shape your cookies. Gently press slivered almonds on top of each cooki
- 1 cup almond meal or flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Slivered almonds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray with a silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, rice flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add maple syrup and melted coconut oil and stir to combine well.
- Scoop out with an ice cream scooper 6 even portions of dough, roll each into a ball and drop onto the baking sheet. Press down the top of the balls with your hand or the flat bottom of a glass to flatten and shape your cookies. Place and gently press slivered almonds on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown and the tops appear dry.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
Cristina for Peas & Peace