- Makes 9 brownies
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 5 tbsp lukewarm water: Add flaxseed and water to a dish and stir. let rest for 5 minutes to thicken
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of neutral oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt and melted 70 % chocolate (I used Callebaut) for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In your stand mixer bowl, add the vegan eggs, sugar and oil and mix until well combined (Make sure there a no sugar lumps) and fluffy. Add the water and the vanilla extract and blend for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda and sea salt to the wet mixture and stir for about 3 minutes until fully combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into a parchment lined 8×8 square pan and shake to even out the mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- For the topping, melt some chocolate in a Bain Marie, spread on top and sprinkle some coarse sea salt and chocolate chips.
Beyond decadent & delicious !
Cristina for PEAS & PEACE