It’s fun making homemade pizza every now and then, here’s an easy and delicious recipe !
- Makes two 10 inch pizza crusts
1 cup of warm water
1 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar
2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil + a little extra to brush your pizza pans
Optional, some cornmeal to sprinkle on the pizza pan, under your pizza crusts, it gives it that grainy texture 🙂
Toppings of your choice !!!
- Pull out your stand mixer and stir together the warm water, sugar and yeast. Let stand until the mixture is foamy, about 10 minutes
- Add the flour, salt and olive oil to the bowl. Use your dough look and mix until the dough turns into a ball and cleans the sides of the bowl. You might have to add warm water in small quantities at a time until you get the right consistency.
- Once the ball formed, continue to knead for another 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and spring back to the touch.
- Remove your bowl from its stand, cover it with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm, draft free place until it doubles in volume, about 1 hour.
- Set your oven at 475 degrees.
- Divide your dough into 2 equal portions.
- Place one portion on a slightly floured surface, pull out a rolling pin and shape your dough into a 10 inch round pizza. Repeat same process with the other half of the dough.
- Brush your pizza pans with the extra olive oil. (If you wish sprinkle some cornmeal on them)
- Drop your pizza crusts on top.
- Now the fun part !, get creative ! 🙂 For mine I simply have a base of ground tomatoes, mushrooms, finely sliced onions, sliced black olives, capers, fresh basil leaves and chili flakes
- Bake for 15 minutes
Cristina for Peas and Peace