*Makes 18 cannellonis
- 2 1/2 cups of Ricotta (see my easy recipe that you can prepare in advance) or you can buy store bought
- 3 cups of your favorite tomato sauce or store bought (one 700ml jar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 142 grams/5 oz of spinach
- Fresh basil leaves (scissorred), 20 grams approximately
- 18 oven ready cannellonis (Way easier to stuff !)
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add in the onion and garlic, sauté until the onion begins to soften but doesn’t brown. Reduce the heat to low, add in the spinach and cover. Check and stir the spinach every minute until the spinach has wilted.
- In a bowl add the cooked spinach and onions to the ricotta and stir with a wooden spoon. Add in the basil, keep some basil leaves for garnish if you wish.
- Brush the bottom of your oven dish pan with oil so that the cannellonis dont stick.
- Scoop the ricotta mixture into a large (16 inch) pipping bag. Fill the cannelloni noodles by squeezing some of the ricotta into one end of a noodle, flipping the noodle over and filling from the other side. Lay the stuffed noodles in the baking dish in a single layer. Cover with the tomato sauce making sure each noodle is coated.
- Follow the baking directions on your pasta package, it may vary.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with basil leaves.
Yum !!! perfect as an appetizer or main course
Cristina for Peas & Peace