1 1/2 tsp of dry active yeast
1 3/4 cups of warm water
1 cup of corn flour
1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt
- In a large bowl add the yeast to 1 cup of the warm water. Mix and let foam for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of corn flour and 1/4 cup of the all-purpose flour. Mix. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 45 minutes until bubbles form.
- Transfer the dough to your standing mixer.
- Beat in the remaining 3/4 cup of water and the olive oil.
- Then beat in the remaining 1/2 cup of corn flour, 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, and salt.
- If you feel your dough is too soft, simply keep on adding a little all purpose flour until you get a kneadable dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly oiled large bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let sit for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Turn out the dough again and punch it down to release the air. Form it into a ball and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle a little all purpose flour on top, cover again with the damp cloth, and let sit for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 450 F.
- Bake 15 minutes then lower the heat to 425 F and bake for another 20 minutes.
Congratulations ! you made yourself a beautiful and delicious corn bread !
Cristina for Peas and Peace