- Makes 8 mini tarts
- You will need 4 inch tins with the removable bottom
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil (Melted)
- 4 tbsp good grade maple syrup
- pinch of salt
a little neutral oil (any vegetable oil) to brush tins
Lemon Curd Filling
- 1 cup lemon juice (Approx 5 Lemons)
- 1 can (400 ml) of full fat coconut milk at room temperature
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- pinch of ground turmeric for colouring
- Brush 8 x 4 inch tins with the vegetable oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the Tart Shells
- Put all crust ingredients into a blender, and blend until sticky. Press the mixture in equal portions into each mini tart tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Set on a wire rack to cool.
For the Filling
- Pour the coconut milk into a sauce pan on low heat. As surface begins to steam, add in the cornstarch and agar-agar. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Add in maple syrup and lemon juice and simmer gently for approx 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into cooled tart shells and refrigerate for 4 hours to set. I sprinkled the tartlets with lavender, but you can certainly decorate them with your favorite topping. Coconut shavings is an idea or blueberries 🙂
If you have leftover lemon custard it can be frozen for up to 1 year without quality changes. To thaw simply transfer to the fridge. After thawing, keep in the fridge no longer than 4 weeks. When you’ll use it, simply rewarm at low heat and whisk until dissolved.
Enjoy these delicious mini tarts
Cristina for Peas & Peace
2 thoughts on “Lemon Custard Tarts”
Looks amazing, love your picture.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much !!!