- Makes 9 squares
For the filling
- 16 oz of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of agave
- freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/8 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of pur vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder + 2 tablespoons of cold water (mixed together)
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 12 cups of oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened of apple sauce
- 1/3 cup of agave
- 1 teaspoon of pur vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Oil a 8×8 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the blueberries, agave, lemon juice, and water to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, stir in the vanilla and the arrowroot mixture.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine the oats, the oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the applesauce, agave, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the coconut oil into the mixture and combine well.
- Press the mixture evenly with the back of a spatula into the bottom of your pan.
- Pour the blueberry mixture on top of the crust layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 1 week.
You might want to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top……… 🙂 just saying 🙂
P.S. Arrowroot is used as a thickener, it has more fiber than corn flour and considered gluten free
Cristina for Peas & Peace