. 4 cups of finely grated carrots . 1/2 red onion, minced . 3 tbsp of capers, chopped . 2 tbsp of olive oil . 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice . 1 tbsp of liquid smoke . 1 tbsp of maple syrup . pinch of salt
Simply add everything into a blender an purée it into a spread
Here served on a bagel with some lettuce and tomatoe slices. If you wish add some vegan cream cheese !
INGREDIENTS⠀ 3 tbsp olive oil⠀⠀ 1 tsp dried whole thyme 1/2 tsp ground dried sage 2 shallots finely cut 5 large garlic cloves, minced⠀⠀ 1 1/2 cups white rice⠀⠀ 680 gr white mushrooms, sliced coarsely (you can also use portobello or shiitake)⠀⠀ 4 cups vegetable stock, plus if needed⠀⠀ 2 tbsp tahini *this is what gives it its creamyness 🙂 Fresh lemon juice of 1 small lemon Salt and pepper to taste⠀⠀ ⠀ INSTRUCTIONS⠀⠀ 1. In a large pot, heat olive oil and saute the shallots and garlic.
2. After 5 minutes, stir in mushrooms, rice, and dried herbs, then fry until the mushrooms have released some of their water.
3. Pour in the vegetable stock, stir in the tahini and cover the pot. simmer on low heat, stirring frequently, until the rice is cooked through.
4. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon the juice.
There ! you’ve made yourself a bowl of yummy flavourful rice !
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour 4 tbsp corn flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 3/4 cup of cane sugar 1/4 tsp nutmeg 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 5 tbsp cold water 1 1/2 cups of soya milk 2 tsp pur vanilla extract 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup vegetable oil + a little to grease your loaf pan 4 tbsp cocoa powder 5 tbsp hot water
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with a little oil.
2. Add flour, corn flour, baking powder, soda, sugar and nutmeg to a large bowl and stir well.
3. In a small dish mix ground flax seed with water to form a gel.
4. Add the flax mixture, milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients bowl and stir without overmixing.
5. In a medium bowl, mix cocoa with the hot water. Pour in half of the batter and stir well.
6. Using a tablespoon, alternate spoons of batter into the loaf pan until all batter is used up. For extra swirls use a chop or brochette stick to swirl the top layer of the cake. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool fully before slicing.
A go to in the afternoon or morning with a nice cup of coffee or tea 🙂
All you need is one large bowl, a 9 x 5 bread or loaf pan and a spatula !. Should you not have any spelt flour in the kitchen, no worries simply use all purpose flour. This simple to make and delicious recipe is sweetened with maple syrup ! Super moist ! Perfect as a snack or for breakfast 🙂
2 cups of spelt flour
1/2 cup of coarse oats
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/3 cup of unsweetened soya milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix to combine.
In the same mixing bowl, add applesauce, maple syrup, milk and vanilla and mix until just combined. There is no need to overmix the batter.
Pour the batter into the pan and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes. The loaf is done when it’s golden brown on the outside and slightly moist on the inside.
Over high heat, bring a saucepan with 2 cups of water to a boil. Add a glass or metal bowl on top of the saucepan to create a double boiler. Melt the coconut oil and peanut butter in the bowl, whisk to combine.
Add the chopped chocolate and continue whisking until completely melted and combined.
Remove from heat and add vanilla, coffee and agave, whisk to combine.
Pour the chocolate mixture into silicone molds of your choice, I used a medium size laddle and it worked perfectly.
Cool for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge and let firm up for at least 3 hours.
1/2 cup of plant based butter 3/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup cane sugar 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 3 tbsp soya milk 1 1/2 cup pastry flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips 1/3 cup of macadamia nuts
Heat the oven at 350
In a standing mixer, in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. mix in the vanilla and soya milk. sift in the flour and soda and stir until well mixed. Add in the chocolate chips and the nuts and hand mix with a wooden spoon or spatula. Use a 1 1/2 scooper or a tablespoon and drop onto a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet, no need to flatten them, they’ll spread as they bake. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes.
Neutral oil or oil spray, to grease mugs or ramekins
. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl except for chocolate chips and combine with a fork. In a second bowl, whisk all wet ingredients. Combine wet to dry and stir with a wooden spoon.
. Grease the mugs or 3 inch ramekins and pour the batter in each at no more than 3/4 full, so that they don’t overflow. Then shake each ramekin so that the batter is nice and even and sprinkle the chocolate chips in equal portions into every ramekin or mug.
. Place in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes at high
Mushrooms are healthy because of the significant amount of dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals they contain.
2 pounds mushrooms roughly chopped
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried thyme
5 cups of vegetable broth
2 tbsp of white miso paste
6 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
2 cup of unsweetened soya milk
pepper to taste
*Green onions, pine nuts, fried onion are a few ideas for topping and optional
In a large pot, add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme and a splash of water to prevent sticking. Sauté until the mushrooms are reduced, around 5 minutes.
Add the broth, miso paste and lemon juice and bring to a low boil, cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the milk, and then use an immersion blender or a blender to purée your soup (I left some bits of mushrooms not entirely blended, as I like the feel of little chunks when I am eating the soup). Taste and add pepper if you wish. I then served it with crusty bread.
If you simply want the macaroni and cheese with no topping, that is fine too, simply skip the last baking step. I however love that crunchiness !
16 oz./2 cups/450 grams of macaroni
For the crumb topping
1 cup of bread crumbs 1 tablespoon of olive oil Pinch ofsalt
For the cheese sauce
1 ½ cups of raw cashews, soaked in bowling water for 5 minutes 1 ½ cups of water ¼ cup nutritional yeast juice of 1 small lemon ¾ teaspoon of garlic powder 2 teaspoons of dijon musard 2 teaspoons of cornstarch ¼ teaspoonof turmeric
8 x 8 baking dish (I used glass but you can use which ever you prefer or have on hand)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook the macaroni and set aside.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, start with the bread topping first. Place the crumbs in a small bowl, drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of salt. Mix well with a fork and set aside.
3. In a blender, combine all of the cheese sauce ingredients and blend until creamy.
4. Once the pasta is cooked and drained. Add pasta back to the pot it was cooked in, add the cheese sauce and combine well. Pour the mac & cheese into the baking dish and top with the bread crumbs.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes uncovered, this is simply to brown the toping a tad.
Let cool for 5 minutes and try to eat it nice and warm or the sauce will thicken.
1 cup of all purpose flour 1/2 cup of granulated sugar 1 teaspoon of baking powder 1/8 teaspoon of salt 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of soya milk 1 tablespoon of unsweetened applesauce 1 tablespoon vegan butter (Melted) 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Neutral oil spray to coat the donut pan
1/2 cup of granulated sugar 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon 1/4 cup vegan butter (Melted)
Directionsfor the donuts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a donut pan with the oil spray.
Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour the soya milk, applesauce, melted vegan butter and vanilla into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well with a large wooden spoon to combine.
Spoon the batter into the donut pan with a small ladle , filling about 1/2 of the way full. Be careful not to overfill, as the donuts will rise and you might lose your donut hole.
Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for three minutes in the pan, then carefully transfer to a wire rack, let cool completely.
For the coating
Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl, and melt the vegan butter in a separate bowl.
2. Dip the donuts into the melted butter just one side. Then dunk the donut into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat completely. Once you have coated all 12 if you have any mix left, repeat the coating process minus the butter.
Leftover donuts will keep for two days, covered and at room temperature.
1 cup of almond milk 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste 2 cup of oats
1. In a blender combine the milk, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until smooth.2. In a bowl mix the milk mixture to the oats. 3. Divide between verrines, ramekins or other. I added berries, almond slivers and white chocolate pearls as toppings ! 4. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
– 4 cups whole wheat flour – 2 cups warm water – 1 Tbsp instant yeast – 1/2 Tbsp of sea salt – 1 Tbsp olive oil – 1 Tbsp of agave – 1 Tbsp grounded flaxseeds – 1 Tbsp of sunflower seeds – 1 Tbsp of pumpkin seeds ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
You can use your mixer by using the dough attachment or you can mix by hand
1. In a large bowl combine: whole wheat flour, instant yeast, salt, olive oil, agave, grounded flaxseeds, sunflower & pumpkin seeds. 2. Add a bit of the water at a time to get the right consistency. You can always add extra flour if you feel that the dough is too wet. It should not stick to the sides of the bowl. Shape into a ball. 3. Grease your Dutch oven pot with olive oil with a brush, making sure you put enough oil on the sides as well so it does not stick. and transfer the dough ball into it.
4. Cover and let rise for 60 minutes. 5. In the meantime, preheat the oven at 390° 6. When the oven is preheated, slash the bread with a knife, making a cut about 1 ½-inch deep or 3 diagonals are also pretty, as you wish ! 7. Bake in the oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes, or until deep golden brown and risen. You can use a toothpick or cake tester to double check if it is properly cooked in the inside. 8. Remove bread from the oven and let it rest in the Dutch oven pot for 10 minutes. 9. Remove from the pot and let it cool down before slicing.
Enjoy this healthy delicious bread, dip it in olive oil or as a sandwich ! 🙂