- Makes 6 portions
Mushrooms are healthy because of the significant amount of dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals they contain.
- 2 pounds mushrooms roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp of white miso paste
- 6 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- 2 cup of unsweetened soya milk
- pepper to taste
*Green onions, pine nuts, fried onion are a few ideas for topping and optional
- In a large pot, add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme and a splash of water to prevent sticking. Sauté until the mushrooms are reduced, around 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, miso paste and lemon juice and bring to a low boil, cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the milk, and then use an immersion blender or a blender to purée your soup (I left some bits of mushrooms not entirely blended, as I like the feel of little chunks when I am eating the soup). Taste and add pepper if you wish. I then served it with crusty bread.
Cristina for Peas & Peace