Done in 10 minutes
Perfect for pastas, as a spread or a dressing. The only different ingredient from the traditional pesto is nutritional yeast instead of parmesan. healthier and tastier
- 2 cups packed fresh basil (stems removed)
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 4 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, add the basil, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and mix on high until a loose but somewhat grainy paste forms.
- Add olive oil a little at a time (streaming in while the machine is on through the spout) and scrape down sides as needed.
Simple as that !
*Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week. After that, pour into ice cube molds, freeze, and store up to 1 month or more.
Cristina for Peas & Peace