2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
4 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup of cane sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 5 tbsp cold water
1 1/2 cups of soya milk
2 tsp pur vanilla extract
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil + a little to grease your loaf pan
4 tbsp cocoa powder
5 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan with a little oil.
2. Add flour, corn flour, baking powder, soda, sugar and nutmeg to a large bowl and stir well.
3. In a small dish mix ground flax seed with water to form a gel.
4. Add the flax mixture, milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients bowl and stir without overmixing.
5. In a medium bowl, mix cocoa with the hot water. Pour in half of the batter and stir well.
6. Using a tablespoon, alternate spoons of batter into the loaf pan until all batter is used up. For extra swirls use a chop or brochette stick to swirl the top layer of the cake. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool fully before slicing.
A go to in the afternoon or morning with a nice cup of coffee or tea 🙂
Cristina for Peas & Peace