- 4 medium-sized chopped leeks
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & black pepper
- chives, chopped *optional
- In a large pot on medium heat add oil, then saute garlic, leeks, and onion together with salt until soft – about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, vegetable broth, salt & pepper to pot – cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Potatoes should be soft when tested with a fork.
- Use a hand-blender to blend soup on medium to high until ingredients are smooth and consistency is creamy.
- Season soup to taste with salt & a good amount of black pepper. Serve with chopped chives and black pepper – enjoy
Freezing potato and leek soup: Allow soup to come to room temperature, store in a sealed container and place in freezer for 1 to 3 months. Remove, defrost, and cook in pot until desired temperature
Serve with warm crusty bread !!!
Cristina for Peas and Peace