Makes 8 portions
For the Bites
- 2 cups almond meal
- dash salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp agave
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered (Icing) sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Sprinkled with fine rock sugar (Optional)
- Preheat oven at 350. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, salt, baking soda, corn starch, and lemon zest. Add almond milk and agave. Mix until combined.
- Roll dough into a large ball and press (I used a cutting board lol) down into a 1 1/2″ thick disk. Cut into 8 equal pieces. Do not separate them. Bake for 11 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- To make the glaze, place powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add vanilla extract. Slowly add in lemon juice mixing constantly, make sure to only add a small amount of juice at a time.until you have reached your desired consistency. Use a pastry brush to brush glaze over cooled bites, give them one coat, let dry, recoat, let dry and so on until you have no more glaze left. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Cristina for Peas & Peace