4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup nuts (combination of sliced almonds and halved pecans pictured here), you can certainly use your favorites
3 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water
½ cup maple syrup
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
*If you wish you can add in chocolate or coconut chips !
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat whichever you have at home
2. Heat the water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a saucepan and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
3. In a large bowl mix the oats, nuts, and cinnamon.
4. Pour the heated wet ingredients evenly over the mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
5. Spread the granola mixture evenly over the lined baking tray, but don’t overcrowd the oats.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes (Use a spatula), being careful not to burn the granola. Very important not to skip this step, so that your arts bake evenly.
7. Once the granola is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool down completely.
8. Once it’s fully cooled down, keep it in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Delicious on smoothies or added to yogourts 🙂
Cristina for Peas & Peace