Imperfect but oh so delicious !
*Makes 18 sandwiches
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond essence
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 150 g vegan dark (70 % cacao) chocolate
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp of coconut milk (Can)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk up maple syrup, oil, vanilla and almond essence until well combined.
- Fold flour into the wet ingredients together with salt.
- Finally fold in almond meal until fully combined. The dough should be thick and sticky.
- Refrigerate the dough for 60 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 355° F and shape the dough into 36 even portions (I used a 1 1/4 scoop), place each ball on a baking tray leaving some room around each cookie.
- Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass or a spatula.
- Bake for about 15 mins. Remove the biscuits from the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool down completely.
- Place some of the ganache on half of the cookies and top with the other half of the cookies.
- Place roughly chopped up chocolate in a large glass or metal bowl together with coconut milk.
- Place the bowl over a pot of water (make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl) and bring the water to a simmer.
- Let simmer without stirring, until all the chocolate has melted.
- Take the bowl off the heat and whisk the coconut milk / chocolate mixture until combined. Mix in maple syrup.
- When the mixture cools down, cover the bowl with cling film and leave it in the fridge for a few hours until it has hardened. You are now ready to sandwich your cookies !
Cristina for PEAS & PEACE