*Makes 4 large cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together and let set for 15 minutes)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
*Powdered sugar to sprinkle (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchement paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed.
- Use a 2 inch ice cream scooper and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies about halfway. Cookies will spread during baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing the cookies to firm up and sprinkle with icing sugar if you wish .
- Allow to cool for 1 hour if you will be storing them.
Enjoy with a cappuccino or a chai latte !
Cristina for Peas and Peace