These cookies are so soft, like biting into a cloud
*Makes 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the pumpkin spice icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons soya milk
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Neutral spray oil for cookie scoop
- To make the cookies: Preheat oven to 350F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the sugar and vegan butter to a large bowl and use a mixer to cream the sugar and butter together. Add the pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix in. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and mix well to combine.
- Lightly spray a cookie scoop with neutral oil, scoop the cookie battre and drop it onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat to fill your tray, evenly spacing the cookies. Bake for 15 minutes until the cookies are golden. Let the cookies cool completely before icing.
- Sprinkle top with coarse sugar if you wish.
- To make the icing: add the powdered sugar, soya milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over the cookies. Let the cookies rest to set the icing. Store the cookies at room temperature for up to a week or freeze in an air-tight container.