*Will make about 10 slices
- 300g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 185g sugar
- 125ml canola oil
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 130ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Zest of 2 small oranges
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
Extra zest for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9×5″ loaf tin.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil, milk, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 45 minutes. It should be starting to turn golden brown on the edges. Test and once it comes out clean, its ready. If it’s not, leave in for a few more minutes.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar and orange juice together until it forms a thick icing. Spoon onto the cake once cooled.
- Top with some extra orange zest or oranges slices.
Cristina for Peas and Peace